Re: Packing "R" actions in a QTDP packet

Jim Blandy wrote:
The code in stringify_collection_list will concatenate as many 'M' and
'X' actions as it can in a packet, but it leaves 'R' actions in a
packet by themselves.

Are you sure? That's not my recollection, though admittedly it's been 5 years or so... In my mental picture, the R bitmask goes somewhere in the QTDP message, just *before* the memranges.

There is of course only one 'R' <thing> per tracepoint,
because it's a bitmask...

> Is there any technical reason for this? Should
I simply document the protocol as allowing actions to be packed
together as much as you like as long as the overall packet size
doesn't get too big, or should I say that 'R' actions require a packet
unto themselves?