Re: warning: (Internal error: pc 0xd00 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:10:52PM -0800, Jim Blandy wrote:
> Fixing this entails some more reliable method of recognizing debug
> info referring to functions or variables in deleted sections than what
> we have now.  Perhaps one of our linker fanatics knows of the Right
> Way?

We would need to verify that the section was Actually Present In The
Binary somehow.  Maybe by its symbols, maybe not.

> One possibility might be to tighten up the heuristic.  Presumably, if
> a function's low address is at zero because the function is really
> located at the bottom of the address space, then its high address
> won't be zero.  But if the function was deleted, both the high and low
> PC will be zero.

No, that doesn't work.  The high address is probably
.gnu.linkonce.foo+0x104, which may show up as 0x104 depending on the
relocation format in use.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC