Re: MI parser

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:29:33AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 06:19:31PM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> >
> > Is there a parser for MI protocol, specifically for responses that gdb sends
> > (not for commands from frontend).
> >
> > I see one is mentioned in
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2004-08/msg00307.html
> >
> > but can't find any MI parser in gdb CVS. Does it exist?
>
> Bob's written one.  It's not in CVS yet.

I've put up the current state of the parser here,
   http://brasko.net:81/bob/gdbmi_parser.tar

Basically, use at your own risk. Hopefully, in the near future, I'm
going to get the parser to an acceptable state to sumbit to GDB.

Several months ago I tested the parser against the gdb.mi testsuite
directory, and made sure that all MI output commands complied with the
grammar. They did, with a few minor changes to the grammar.

untar, run make, and with the executable made run './main b'.
That will test the front end against a few MI output commands that are
in the file called 'b'.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi