Breakpoint limit reached

Hello,

I'm debugging an ARM7TDMI with the BDI2000 and arm-elf-gdb 6.3. I have
one breakpoint set, and when I try to step over a function call using
the gdb "next" command, setting the breakpoint fails:
# TARGET: breakpoint limit reached

GDB displays this error message:
Cannot insert breakpoint 0.
Error accessing memory address 0x20008f0: Unknown error 4294967295.

I have soft breakpoints enabled on the BDI (BREAKMODE SOFT 0xDFFFDFFF)
and I'm setting soft breakpoints using gdb. I don't understand why
there would be a limit on the number of breakpoints.

If I 'set debug remote 1' then the final two packets displayed by gdb are...
Sending packet: $m20008f0,4#5d...Ack
Packet received: 021c3b1c
Sending packet: $Z0,20008f0,2#a4...Ack
Packet received: E03

Why did the soft breakpoint, Z0, command fail? What does the error
code E03 mean? Does the BDI2000 differentiate between the soft
breakpoint "break" command Z0 packet, and the hard breakpoint "hbreak"
command Z1 packet?

Thanks,
Shaun Jackman
Pathway Connectivity