Re: Question regarding setting breakpoints on 'C' labels and the handling of DW_TAG_label in new_symbol() in dwarf2read.c.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:23:37PM -0500, Dave Trollope wrote:

> I too tried this recently and was disappointed to find it didn't work.
> Heres why I was trying it:
>
> We have a number of source trees where code changes regularly. By using
> a label, we can write generic breakpoint scripts that are source tree
> independant (I.E. Don't need line numbers to place the breakpoint. etc).
>
> Is there an alternative way to do what we are trying to achieve?

Depending on what sort of scripts they are, this may not be enough, but
you can do this with "search".  Since it doesn't set the default
breakpoint address, you can do this with expect scripts, but not with
gdb's source command.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC