Reversible GDB resources

I think we need more sample working code to develop a convincingly good
design for reversible GDB more code (thanks to Johan Rydberg and Michael
Snyder for what we have so far.)

It turns out there are several projects completed over the last two
years that have done a reversible GDB. I asked two of them if they could
make their code available for review, and another two if they'd mind
publishing their reversible targets.

So I hope that this group will soon have available much better resources
for testing reversibility approaches:

* a total of four different sets of reversible GDB patches known to
  work when pointed at exactly the right kind of target (I'm including
  Soam Vasani's Lizard link here, nice research project)

* a total of at least 4 reversible targets publicly available to help in
  development and testing of a reversible GDB (I'm including Michael's
  toy tracepoint target here, hopefully it can evolve into a standard
  testbed catering for other technologies too. But it demonstrates a
  point already.) Some people will have access to closed-source Simics
  too.

--
Dan Shearer
dan@shearer.org