gdb stack trace problems

Hi....

At present we are suffering from stack trace problems with recent versions of gdb.
I desperately hope someone knows a reason for it and can help.

But from the beginning:
We are using gdb on cygwin to debug mingw programs. GDB works well but in recent
version (starting with 6.x) it cannot produce correct stack dumps anymore when something
has crashed. Our applications are multithreaded.

In the past we used 5.3 which worked much better in that case but had other problems.
We switched a while ago to 6.2 and then to 6.2.1 and today I compiled 6.3.50 from CVS.
And it is all the same... When I get a crash I just get corrupted stacks telling nothing useful.

Does anyone know what is the reason for this and how to fix it?

Many thanks for all your help,

Roland