From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana.radhakrishnan@codito.com>
To: james osburn <jjosburn@hotmail.com>
CC: gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: what are gdbstubs?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:37:19 +0530

Hi ,

I have been reading the gdb docs and as i interpret them
i need to link the gdb stub file with my excecuteable
to do remote debugging.  is this correct?

Yes you do.

do you have any experience with this?

I have not used *-stub.c for any debugging in a while now. I must say however that if you were using linux / uClinux on your embedded system , you could choose to use gdbserver instead in which case the linking is not required.

cheers
Ramana

-- Ramana Radhakrishnan GNU Tools codito ergo sum (www.codito.com)