RE: MI output command error

----Original Message----

  Sorry Bob, and all, that wasn't meant to sound quite how it came out.  Let
me try and explain myself better.

  It's common enough, when people are reading very technical documents and
come across technical terms that they aren't familiar with, to try and make
sense of the documentation by skipping over the unknown jargon and trying to
make sense of the rest of the context around it.

  This is a reasonable strategy that works well enough often enough that
that's why people use it, but sometimes (as in the difference between
'synchronous' and 'asynchronous') it may lead people to overlook a subtle
distinction that radically changes the final meaning of the
sentence/paragraph/whatever.

  So it occurred to me that maybe Bob had just skimmed over that bit,
without realising the significance of the term, and I was _trying_ just to
ask in a straightforward fashion if that was what had happened.  Pardon me
for not finding a more finely-worded way of asking the question, but it
wasn't in any sense meant to be a flame.  (Please note how I didn't use any
insults, swearwords, or pejoratives; it really was just a straight
question).

    cheers,
      DaveK