Re: patch review time

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 08:47:55PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 08:48:04 -0500
> > From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
> > Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
> >
> > and for some reason, no one else in this community bothers to stand up
> > for what should be right.
>
> I think this is a gross misrepresentation of the reality, to say the
> least.  You can find lots of evidence to the contrary in the archives.
>
> Bob, in your justified struggle to get your patches reviewed in a
> timely fashion, please don't start shooting in every direction and
> hurting people who did nothing wrong and have no relation whatsoever
> to your problem.

Eli, I'm sorry if I've done this. You, Daniel Jacobowitz and Michael
Chastain have been *very* helpful to me, as I've been learning and
working with GDB. In fact, Andrew has also been helpful, even if he is
extremely rude about it.

The reason I blame everyone, and not anyone in particular, is because if
the GDB community really cared about contributions from the outside, the
GDB community would change the process to make it happen, no matter what
the cost. I don't know why it is difficult to get patches into GDB/MI in
a timely fashion. I do know that the path needs to open up to allow
this, otherwise GDB, and the community at a whole will suffer.

Since I am no one in the GDB community, I need people that have the
power to give me a solution to get patches into GDB in a timely fashion.

My hope is that I will find that path.

Bob Rossi