Re: patch review time

> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:16:56 -0500
> From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
> Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> The only possible solution I could come to, was that he thought patch
> review would slow him down to the point were he wouldn't be able to get
> work done.

This cannot be true if the patch review takes hours.  Even working in
his unilateral commit-whenever-you-want paradigm, Andrew could only
commit a patch once in a couple of days--this is more than enough for
me and others to review the previous patch.

> Even though you think this isn't the problem, it's the only
> conclusion I can draw from his statement.

You could draw the conclusion I drew: that Andrew simply doesn't want
to fix whatever problematic issues I and others pointed out in his
patches, and doesn't want to be bothered to explain and defend his
design.

> > > Well what should I do?
> >
> > The only thing to do is to bug the responsible maintainer(s).
>
> What if the particular maintainer is busy?

You should complain to the head maintainer.