debugging a core dump generated from Java with JNI

Hello,
I am developing a java application which calls a procedure in "C"
using JNI.

It is developed on a Linux RedHat 9 x86 intel box.
Sometimes this procedure crashes and a coredeump (core.pid) file is created.
So I wanted to know how to debug it; So i changed that "c" method so the only thing
it does now is call abort() so it will make a core dump.

I had build my c code with -g flag.

When I opened gdb like thus:

gdb /usr/java/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_06/bin/java core.pid

and performedc bt I did not see source code;
So I upgraded to latest version of gdb (6.3) and tried again.

what I see is :

Core was generated by `/opt/JBuilderX/jdk1.4/bin/java -classpath /work/dev/transcode/release:/opt/JBui'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0 0x400a9671 in ?? ()
Setting up the environment for debugging gdb.
Function "internal_error" not defined.
Function "info_command" not defined.
No breakpoint number 0.
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb) bt
#0 0x400a9671 in ?? ()
#1 0x40035afd in ?? ()
#2 0x0000426e in ?? ()
#3 0x00000006 in ?? ()
#4 0x00000001 in ?? ()
#5 0x4003c378 in ?? ()
#6 0x00000006 in ?? ()
#7 0x4d34ceb0 in ?? ()
#8 0x4d34cd2c in ?? ()
#9 0x40035e9b in ?? ()
#10 0x0002c00c in ?? ()
#11 0x00000006 in ?? ()
#12 0x00000001 in ?? ()
#13 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#14 0x401b6980 in ?? ()
#15 0x00000006 in ?? ()
#16 0x4d34cd4c in ?? ()
#17 0x400a9414 in ?? ()
#18 0x00000006 in ?? ()
#19 0x4d34ceb0 in ?? ()
#20 0x4d34cd4c in ?? ()
#21 0x40033f25 in ?? ()
#22 0x401b6980 in ?? ()
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---q
Quit
(gdb)

Why am I not seeing source code so I can know where it occured ? what should I do in order to see the source code in a debug session with gdb and a crasg from java program running jni?

Regads,
John Q.