Re: Gdb generates location list without DW_AT_frame_base

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, H. J. Lu wrote:

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 03:56:33PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:

And what's in the location lists?  If it's DW_OP_fbreg, then I presume
it's a GCC bug.  According to my reading of the DWARF spec, anyway.
It is.

I added code to tell it when not to use fbreg, but i only told it not to
use fbreg in the location expression when we were outputting the
frame_base attribute.

However, it appears we don't output a frame base attribute for external
procedures, so we need to tell it it can't use if we don't have a frame
base attribute.

You just need to change when loc_descriptor is called with a second
parameter of true/1 to fix this.

Do you have a patch I can try?

This may not fix all of them, but it should help.