Re: gdb crash when printing C++ class

I compared the vptr entries in the readelf -wi output from gcc vs. icc and they're certainly different. I sent the gcc vs. icc output files to Daniel directly - a little too big for the mailing list. If anyone else wants them, let me know. My knowledge isn't deep enough to tell which differences are significant.

I set a breakpoint in dwarf2read.c at the point where the vptr basetype is set and what do you know? With the icc generated code, it's never hit. I've got the dwarf-2 specification printed out here...I guess I'm going to have to figure out what the heck a DIE is and all the other stuff I wish I didn't need to know. ;-)

cheers,

Kris