What is the way to setup hardware breakpoints for remote targets

Hi,

We are working on gdb for Analog Devices Blackfin
(http://blackfin.uclinux.org)
Since we have not setup a stub, watchpoint currently singlesteps and
checks for a change.

Since the BF533/2/1 chips support 2 hardware breakpoints, is there a way
that I
can specify hardware watchpoints on a remote target?

We use gdb on host and connect to a gdbserver on target using "target
remote".

I read in a mailing list about "Z2" and there is code in gdb/remote.c for Z2
(write watchpoint),
however, in gdbserver I dont see any code to handle 'Z'.

I also read that it would be possible to use registers from the host to
set watchpoints. I know what I need to do, however can someone point to
where in gdb should I set it up. Is there an existing architecture
supporting
it?

Regards

Pradip Shah