Re: Bumping MI protocol

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 10:59:46PM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net> writes:
>
> > I am wondering when the MI protocol gets bumped. Besides an MI command
> > that has been changed in an incompatible way, or the actual MI output
> > syntax changing, does the MI version get bumped for other reasons?
>
> I'd just like to point out that these questions all seem, to a
> not-very-inside observer, highly hypothetical. There's been few enough
> revisions of MI (currently on v2?) that the scenarios you want
> detailed descriptions of and rules for have generally not come up, and
> this (volunteer) community doesn't seem to take kindly to prescriptive
> legislation in such areas.

Exscuse me for being frank, your statements about this question are foolish.

I would like to know if the MI version get's bumped for adding new MI
commands. This is directly related to the implementation of a front end.
Nathan, how could a front end implement an MIX protocol if it doesn't
know what functions that protocol provides?

Bob Rossi