Re: GDB/XMI (XML Machine Interface)

On Aug 19, 2004, at 4:49 PM, Bob Rossi wrote: <whack>

Chris F suggested,
He defiantly didn't see the benefit to switching to XMI, since XML is harder
for him to understand than MI output.

That's uncharitable, try:
Didn't see a big benefit in using one structured data format over the other. All things being equal, finds pages of MI easier to read than the order of magnitude longer output that XML would be.

I don't really know where to go from here. The XML change I think is a no brainer.
<snip>

Finally, the difference between a text based protocol and a libgdb interface is irrelevant
to me. I would personally prefer the text based protocol at this point in time seeing that
there is no libgdb. What stopped the production of that effort?

Did license issues prevent adoption? I know that would likely keep me from being able to use a libgdb. Yeah, yeah dry your eyes. ;-)

Go for the Gold,
-ChrisF