Re: End-of-life [^_]deprecated_registers[^_] in GDB 6.3

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:32:31 -0400

From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>

The global variable deprecated_registers was clearly marked as such in '02. It was in the bad books for a lot longer, but that's the point at which we can say that the line was clearly drawn :-) As such, it's time to remove it.

This has the potential to adversly affect the following files/systems:

Systems such as Hurd are very important to the GNU project, so I'm sure we'll find the resources necessary to update them. We can do this!

Thanks to MarkK and others, this has happened. We're a good position for closing this one in 6.3.

Andrew