Re: dwarf2-frame.c question for maintainers

Consider o32. Both the ABI and ISA are 32-bits, but GDB's CORE_ADDR may be 64-bits. Even if it doesn't appear to make a difference, the MIPS needs to always sign extend addresses/registers - that's the dogma :-)

Right. And so back to the original question. What is the best way to
have read_reg detect if it should sign-extend? We agreed that passing a
pointer to the CU was out, as was using a global. Do I need to add
something to gdbarch?

Hmm, the architecture vector already has POINTER_TO_ADDRESS and register_type that can be used to extract [signed] pointers and registers. Can either of those be used here?

Andrew