Re: GDB doesn't show the correct line

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 09:24:48PM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > Since a few days GDB (6.1-debian) offsets the shown line by about 3
> > lines. when I set a breakpoint at a function name of a class (C++) it
> > stops and shows the line 3 more down. When I now step through (next)
>
> Not a known problem - test case?

My full source is here
"http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/wyodesktop/wyoDesktop/loginapp/src/app.cpp?view=markup";
but it's probably not usable as a test case. The 3 line offset is from
the first function call "App::OnInit".

> Usually this means you've confused GDB about what version of a source
> file it should be opening.

It's definitely not my source since I've built my app and all the
wxWidgets library again. Also I just tried another of my apps (with lots
of wxWidgets functions) and this behaves correctly. Well that means GDB
works correct except in one case.

I can only speculate that it's because of one of the standard headers
which are unique to this program. But they are from an ordinary
Debian/sarge system. How can I detect further where the offset is introduced?

O. Wyss

--
See a huge pile of work at "http://wyodesktop.sourceforge.net/";