Re: Using gdb as a trace agent

Well we internally have some code which is slightly dated but should not be too much effort to integrate into the current CVS tree. (The idea was to make gdbserver multithreaded and have a separate thread running which would collect the trace data. That was simpler and easier to implement in a hurry.It should not be too much of a problem to do asynchronous IO with gdbserver too. ) . So that is the current status with respect to the thread that you are referring to . Let me check with the code we have and get back to you. What is the target that you need this for ? good old x86?

At first, yes, and I think your implementation would do the trick. Your code sounds interesting to me, and if you make it available I might use it as a starting point (even though I'm sure it would perform quite well as is).

Thanks,
Alex.
--
Alexandre Courbot - PhD student