Problem setting breakpoints

Using:
Solaris 9
gcc 3.3.2
gdb 6.1

Hopefully I'm just doing something stupid here. I'm much more familer
with Sun's dbx debugger, but now I'm living in the happy free world.

I am trying to set a break point at a line in a file, the line does have
functioning code at it(not a comment or something)

So lets say the file name is FmtDef.cxx, the line number is 82
(Code at that line is as follows
 fileStream.getline(charBuffer, 255);

So I start the app in gdb(here's the output).

gdb ./TEST
(gdb) break FmtDef.cxx:82
Breakpoint 1 at 0x11ed0: file FmtDef.cxx, line 82.
(gdb) run
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/qb3/prog/TEST

Program exited normally.
(gdb)

So its not stopping at that breakpoint.

This code is in a constructor. I can set a breakpoint on the
constructor, but not at a line in the constructor... oh... I think I
know the problem after I typed that last sentence. I kind of recall
reading something about this not working?

... I guess hopefully someone can confirm if this is the case or not.

Thanks
-grant