Re: The VAX

   Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:42:58 -0400
   From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>

   > I've successfully installed NetBSD 1.6.1 on a VAX simulator.  The
   > performance is actually quite reasonable on my AMD64 box.  It is
   > currently compiling GDB.
   >
   > Anyway, I'm working on GDB's VAX target.  Hopefully I'll have a
   > working native NetBSD/vax configuration soon.  I'm already working on
   > frameifying vax-tdep.c.  So stay tuned, and don't throw away the
   > current VAX stuff just yet...

   Been there, done that.  Per my earlier e-mails, NetBSD/VAX GDB doesn't
   build - the nat code is simply missing.

I've got a working NetBSD/vax GDB now.  The BSD-specific nat code is
already checked in :-).  I just need to tweak the config files, but I
don't want to do that now since that'll probably mean I'll have to
rebuild everything, which is a bit time-consuming.  I'll do that when
I'm finished rewriting the code in vax-tdep.c.

In the mean time, would it be a problem if frameifying the VAX would
nuke signal trampoline handling on Ultrix?  Not that I expect it to be
working...

Mark