Re: gcc HEAD, stabs+, TYPE_CODE_INT problem

mec.gnu@mindspring.com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain) writes:
[...]
> gcc 3.3.3 (and gcc HEAD 20040323) emitted about 20 stab lines for the
> list from first_builtin_decl to last_builtin_decl.  This provides gdb
> with names for "char", "int", "float", et cetera.  gcc HEAD 20040330 no
> longer uses provides this list so there are no more stab lines for the
> builtin types.  Can we change gcc to bring these builtins back?

Not emitting them was unintentional, and I imagine getting them back
would be straightforward.  However, I don't know a lot about dbxout.c
and right now I have things to do for the 3.4.0 release (which doesn't
include these patches) that take priority - so I'm not likely to try
to fix this this week.

Would you please file a bug report against GCC, and assign it to me?
And any further investigation you could do would be greatly appreciated.

zw