Re: Retire the MPW support from toplevel and binutils

Andrew Cagney wrote:

Stan, what's the urgency? Why not wait until GDB 6.1 and BINUTILS 1.? are released as that is obviously going to make everyones life easier. What's that, a few extra weeks?

I have a bit of time available now, no guarantees about the future.
Seeing as how the support has long been gone from GDB proper, I'm
totally mystified as to why these files even matter to anybody one way
or the other, let alone how keeping them makes "everyones life
easier"?.  Am I missing a scripting/packaging dependency or
something?

Who knows whats going on with scripting/packaging.

Stan,

I see you've committed these changes. GDB 6.1 branch, and I suspect the BINUTILS branches will no longer snapshot:

4
?
Fri Apr 2 02:24:10 UTC 2004: Fix the version in any isolated files ...
Fri Apr 2 02:24:10 UTC 2004: Blatting files ...
Fri Apr 2 02:24:10 UTC 2004: Making snapshot using src-release ...
make: *** No rule to make target `mpw-README', needed by `gdb+dejagnu.tar'. Stop.

Sorry, that's why I was hoping for specifics last week on exactly
what problems you anticipated; it's the work of a moment to update
src-release on the branches, but a "who knows" answer doesn't give
me much guidance.

Stan

Stan