Re: MIPS saved register troubles

I spent some time fiddling with backtraces in an o32 application, using a
mips64-linux GDB, this morning.  They don't work so well :)  The basic
problem is the [0,NUM_REGS) hack.  mips_register_raw_size reports that
register $28 is 8 bytes wide, so legacy_saved_regs_prev_register loads two
consecutive saved values into $28, and it looks like 0x7ffffe007ffffd8c ($s8
concatenated with $sp).

Can you provide more details?

Fixing this is going to be ugly.  Andrew, I don't suppose you have a plan to
migrate MIPS to the new frame code, thereby making all this go away?

I'm not so sure? BTW, you can't miss my irregular MIPS cleanups. My current problem is:
[regression] Internal error: pc 0x400b21 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=1519
look familar?

Andrew