Re: handling of absolute source file paths (feature wish/implementation idea)

> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:16:42 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com>
>
> Now what would be really nice would be a manual chapter referencing all
> of these.

Is there really a reason to describe them all in one place?  I'm not
sure.

> > BTW, wasn't there a mechanism for editing/replacing part of the source
> > prefix added, or did that get lost?
>
> Now that sounds like a great idea.  I can't see it in the source,
> though, and it doesn't ring a bell.

How about if we make a mode which will do that editing for us?  E.g.,
imagine that we have a file whose name is recorded in the debug info
as /a/b/c/d/e/z.c, and some search path.  Then GDB would first try the
literal /a/b/c/d/e/z.c, then, for each directory X that's mentioned
in the search path, it will try these:

   X/z.c
   X/a/b/c/d/e/z.c
   X/b/c/d/e/z.c