Re: handling of absolute source file paths (feature wish/implementation idea)

> From: Gernot Hillier <gernot.hillier@siemens.com>
> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:01:14 +0100
>
> 3. Implement a new setting "source-absolute-prefix" (analog to the already
> existing "solib-absolute-prefix") which allows the user to set a prefix for
> given absolute source code paths.

I like this suggestion the best.  It does exactly what you need here:
allow the source directory tree to be moved deeper in the hierarchy.
Your other suggestion, searching the source path for relative file
names, sounds like an ad-hoc hack to me.