Re: Why are the load/catch commands conditionally compiled?

> At present commands like "catch load" are only present when SOLIB_ADD is
> defined.  I think they should always be present (but print an error when
> the solib stuff is missing).

Sounds good to me.

The trade-off is: people who use only one platform, and the platform
does not have SOLIB_ADD, will have some commands "greyed out" in their
gdb.  But people who use several platforms, including all of us
developers and testers, will have the same commands everywhere.  For
people like that, "catch load: this platform does not support user
informative than "catch load: no such summand".

My two cents,

Michael C