Re: [commit] Deprecate remaining STREQ uses

I learned on hp-ux, and Eli learned on djgpp, that there is also
a risk from bit rot in imported code such as gdb/readline and gdb/intl.
It does not take much work to maintain these but we have to do
"break main; run" on more hosts more often.

> Also note that we can never draw a simple straight line here.  DJGPP,
> for instance, is, or at least was, considered an important system so
> some rule bending (which often translates into me doing the work no one
> else is willing to) is in order.

Okay.

Michael C