Re: [RFC] i386 SSE registers

I'm not sure I understand how the various options you list would
appear to the user.  It sounds like, in any proposal, the SSE
registers would just have bogus values when they're not available.  Is
there some way that the SSE regs could instead cease to exist
(i.e. "print $xmm0" would give you a void value, 'info regi sse' would
give you an error message)?  Or is there some other non-invasive
behavior which would make it clearer to the user what was going on?