how to mimic redirection with gdb?

     Is there any way to do the following in gdb? I am debugging a
molecular dynamics program that executes the commands contained in
input script files. The program has just been rebuilt with IBM XL
Fortran which has exposed some pre-existing problems with the code.
However I am having trouble looking at the segfaults in gdb because
they only happen at the end of the execution of one of these input
scripts.
    What I need to mimic in gdb is the following...

xplor < sa-rama.inp > sa-rama.out &

which is how it is normally used. Are there any tricks that will
do this so that the program can be debugged without rewriting the
code? It is unclear to me if there is any way to mimic this
shell redirection on the gdb command line when I issue additional
arguments after the 'run' command.
                     Thanks in advance for any hints.
                                   Jack Howarth