Re: filtering of commands during async operation

Elena,

On Nov 6, 2003, at 11:41 AM, Elena Zannoni wrote:

Jim Ingham writes:
The all the targets we support in Apple's version of gdb are async -
including the Mach-O native target. It took a bunch of mucking around
to get it working (and to get things like commands that run the target
working). And I am pretty sure that I broke the remote async in the
process, however, there were a couple of hacks in there (marked as such
in the code) that messed us up and I didn't have the patience at the
time to make both work...

So I would need to do some clean-up before our code would be ready for
submission, but as a proof of concept it might be useful to folks, and
in our system it works pretty well.

It seems to have become some kind of a pattern that somebody other than Apple is going to merge Apple's changes with the FSF mainline. Is there any way to get another snapshot/tarball (like it was done in Dec 2001)? Maybe somebody will volunteer, even though this approach is suboptimal.

We had one brief period where we got a little time to try merging sources, but that passed without much result, and I don't see us getting another chance in the near future.

The last time we did a tarball drop it meant that Adam ended up wasting time merging old ObjC code into the TOT gdb - work which we had already done on our branch. It would be great not to do that again...

Jim

elena

Jim