GDB's command qualifier character is `/'

This seems to keep comming up, sigh!

GDB's CLI, long ago established `/' as its command qualifier character vis:

	x/i
	display/i
	print/x

GDB's user base is very familar with this syntax(1) so adding new qualfiers using this syntax would provide a consistent user experience (if there is x/i, how come there isn't "info break/l"?).

In fact, in the case of all these specific commands (including "info break/l") trying to switch to UNIX's option syntax vis:

x --i

would be a disaster!

What's unfortunate in all this is that the current CLI code doesn't directly parse the qualifier convention. For instance:

	(gdb) x<TAB>
	x/i x/b x/8 x/4
and
	(gdb) load/vma /lma
(load, using vma addresses, the file "/lma").

If the command doesn't involve files, though, I can't think of a reason for not using the `/' qualifier. If it does involve files, then I guess the work needed to add the qualifier will need to include modifing the cli.

Note that this doesn't address "parameterized qualifiers" (tar/dump convention?) and "qualified parameters" (not allowed?).

enjoy,
Andrew

(1) Personally, I'm always using the `/' qualifier, but I can't remember when, if ever, I used one of the UNIX style command options.