Re: GDB without traditional frames

On Sep 26, 2003, at 5:19 PM, y2bismil@engmail.uwaterloo.ca wrote:

Hey all,

not sure if you remember, but I was trying to get a binary compiled on
Openwatcom 1.0 to be debugged using GDB. Anyways, from what I can gather,

Watcom used a draft standard for their DWARF format
Unix International Programming Languages SIG, Version 2, Draft 6, dated April
12, 1993

First of all, DWARF 2.0 reached non-draft form, so i'm not sure why they use a draft version of the standard.

Just to see if its a quick fix that could be made, I was wondering if anyone
knows the exact document GDB's DWARF abilities are based on.

GDB supports DWARF 2.0, as well as some of the draft DWARF 3.0.

Please send a binary made with openwatcom so we can look at it and see what's up.