Performance question

Hello GDB hackers
I'm currently working on an emacs mode, however I've come to a roadblock, which is the process synchronization performance hit, and it's quite steep. To remedy the situation, I was wondering if it was possible to have gdb receive commands as they come, but to NOT output anything untill it's finished processing all the commands, and then give me a signal saying it's waiting for more commands. Another option would be to queue up the commands in gdb and then tell gdb GO, at which point it would do everything and only output, in a single printf, the output of all the operations it has finished. If it is possible, I would be quite happy.
--Jacques