stop reply packets in rsp

Hi,

The rsp documentation for the 'T' stop reply packet seems a bit
sparse. Is there a minimal set of registers that must be passed to
avoid gdb sending a 'g' request while stepping? I assume this is arch
specific.  For the avr it looks like SP and PC are the minimal set.

Does gdb have any preferance as to which reply packets it would like
to see? My remote targets seem to do ok with using 'T' replies for
'C', 'c', 'S', and 's' command packets and 'S' replies otherwise.

Just curious.

Ted Roth