Re: Updating to Autoconf 2.5x

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 02:25, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jun 2003, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> [However, I do think it's odd that the FSF worked so hard to get GCC to
> come from gcc.gnu.org, but binutils and lots of other GNU stuff still
> comes from sources.redhat.com.]

But the binutils@gcc.gnu.org alias for the list was set up on 18 Jun 2001 in response to a request from RMS. (I don't know about GDB, or about the FSF position on which domain name is used in documentation. overseers likewise has a list alias @gcc.gnu.org.)

That's all well and good, but the basic point certainly remains: we've
worked very hard to make GCC appear to come entirely from a machine
named gcc.gnu.org, and similar work has not been done for GDB, binutils,
glibc, etc.  Red Hat domain names and logos appear frequently on those
web pages.

Again, for the record.

http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/

et.al., is used where possible through out GDB's documentation. It doesn't work when it comes to mainling lists and CVS, but then, as I've already pointed out, requests for gdb.gnu.org have been declined.

Andrew