Re: Use of lval_register?

>I think it should update the cached copy.  I'm not so sure it should
>update the in-memory copy, if the var has moved.  That would require
>re-evaluating the expression that produced $1 wouldn't it?

Eventually. For the moment I'm just worred about getting it to re-evaluate the registers the value is assumed to reside in.

Or should it only modify the history pool (modifying memory is weird here, but where to draw the line is also weird).

After some more thought, I suppose it should modify both the pool and
memory.  It's just not clear how to find out where in memory it should
be, now...

Or just modify the pool?

varobj provides a mechanism for modifying / tracking values in the target.

Andrew