watchpoint fixes

Gentlepeople,

A few weeks ago I reported problems in the way hardware watchpoints
work in gdb -- or rather, don't until patched.  I described a fix but
have heard no reaction.  Should I submit that as a patch to the
patches list?  Note that I'm just a gdb observer...

I've noticed some more problems along similar lines: if you set a
watchpoint, and then the program hits a break instruction that doesn't
match a breakpoint set by gdb, the program doesn't stop.  The reason
is that it falsely matches the watchpoint but since the data address
doesn't match, the stop_status ends up "keep going".  The solution is
simple: if the stop was not a watchpoint (there isn't a data address
from the target) then pretend watchpoints don't exist at all, rather
than marking them as "keep going".

I could submit a patch for that too if there's interest.  Suggestions?

  paul