Question about ARM Multi-ICE with GDB. Thanks.

Hi:
   I am using GDB with multi-ICE to debug a ARM based platform Altera EPXA1
platform and running eCOS application. I have some question concerning about
this:

for example target platform:

ARM922T,  FLASH memory at 0x00 when startup, SDRAM controller

Q1.  Can I use the arm-elf-gdb, multi-ice-gdb-server to load and run a
program on an bare platform? (without any bootstrap loader or rom monitor,
redboot etc).If ok, when I want to load the program onto the platform,
Where is the program will be loadded into? flash memory or sdram memory? if
for flash how can the multi-ICE know how to manipulate the flash memory for
programming and reading? or the program will be loadded into SDRAM memory?
but how the SDRAM memory controller is configured before the multi-ICE load
the program into it?

Q2. If Q1 is not correct, and if I want to load a large program and run on
the platform, does that mean I need to store a small piece of program into
the flash memory (address at 0x00 when power up) which should setup the
SDRAM memory controller and remapping the memory map as SDRAM memory at
address 0x00,  So this small piece of program will run when power up the
board and setup SDRAM controller and memory mapping then the multi-ICE could
load the larger program into SDRAM and run from there?
(Do I really need this small piece of initialization program??)

Thanks  a lot.