Re: Deprecate dwarf and mdebug support, delete nlm?

I don't think its a fair measure to equate number of patches with value.

The number of patches does at least hint at the level of activity. As for value, part of a value judgment is determining the cost.

I've still got users who are using commercial compilers that emit dwarf1 and
it would be a great loss to these users if dwarf1 went away.

Significant structural change, such as adding support for multiple address spaces, moves more rapidly when there are fewer debug readers to content with. These users potential loss is someone elses potential gain. These users can also continue to use an existing GDB.

As someone (michael?) suggested, can these users move to Free compilers?

Here is the URL for one guy who has a diab compiler and wanted
to improve gdb dwarf-1 support:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-07/msg00505.html

That's the extent of interest in dwarf-1: two people in the past year
with diab compiler: this guy, and one other that I didn't dig up
the URL for yet.

Andrew