Re: Antwort: Re: Re: Remote Debugging Of Multithreaded Application on PPC 82xx

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 03:43:19PM +0100, Frank dot Christ at RSBICK dot rohde-schwarz dot com wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I am using glibc 2.1.3! Here is my remote log!
> The following two lines seem suspicious to me!
>      Packet Z0 (software-breakpoint) is NOT supported
>      binary downloading NOT suppported by target

That's normal.

> Any hints regarding the remote log?

I believe you've hit an unavoidable problem in the current remote
protocol; when the client sends Hc0 followed by s, the stub has no way
to know which thread to step.  I've discussed this problem on the list
before and we've never reached a consensus about how to solve it.

Andrew, if you remember, this is the problem that my proposed "Hs"
packet was supposed to solve.  Hmm, rereading your last message on that
thread it looks like I dropped the ball.  You proposed something like
"HtPID,0;s"; I guess I'm not entirely sure what you wanted that to
mean.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz