Re: obsoleting the annotate level 2 interface

I would like to reiterate the points that many have made thus far.
Sorry, not that many. A few have expressed concerns but I believe that those concerns have been addressed.

Existing applications depend on annotate level 1 (ddd, gvd, ...) and level 2 (emacs, cgdb).
All released versions of EMACS use level-one annotations. Only an unreleased development uses level-two. Plans are underway to migrate that away from level-two.

Until the MI interface is complete (supports CLI and GDB user output) and all existing applications have made

the switch to using the MI, the annotations cannot be removed. My current understanding is that GDB/MI is not a completely viable alternative for these GDB interfaces to use to replace annotate 1 or 2. Therefore, the annotations -- while being deprecated -- must be retained in future releases until the GDB/MI is capable of supporting these applications.
The changes are sitting on the:
interps-20030201-branch
I've just reviewed and cleaned them up - now pass without regressions. So commit is tomorrow.

Andrew