Re: linux, threads and auto-solib-add

I used the word "needless" above because I think there's a perfectly
reasonable way that the user can achieve the same effect without
modifying gdb.  Simply place the following commands in a suitable
.gdbinit file:

    set auto-solib-add off
    define hook-stop
    sharedlibrary libpthread
    end

The ``hook-stop'' definition above will attempt to load the libpthread
shared library every time gdb stops.  Of course, once a shared library
has been loaded, future attempts to load the shared library are
effectively no-ops since gdb knows that the library is already loaded.
Hey, wow!  Consider adding this to the documentation.

Andrew