Re: [Various] obsoleting the annotate level 2 interface

The proposal is to drop level-two annotation but retain level one
indefinitly.  It is level-two that causes all the grief in the code.

Thanks for clarifying. Since there were definitely different messages saying
different things on this subject, I'm glad this is clarified, and good
to hear that annotate 1 is not going to disappear.
Just to clarify this.

The entire annotation interface is deprecated -> no new project should use it. Instead they should use MI and help improve that interface where necessary.

While projects might find that the level-one annotations work, they need to remember that the mechanism they are relying on is deprecated and, consequently, is receiving little of any attention.

I don't know about you, but if my project was in this situtation I'd be doing everything possible to move away from annotations and towards MI.

Andrew