Re: very very slow symbol searches

Some performance issues were fixed recently in the glibc CVS.

That doesn't help much.  What was wrong with having GDB on all platforms
using the standard libiberty regex?
It is like readline and bfd. While a distro can choose to mix 'n' match GDB in with a random regx and/or readline and/or bfd, I think GDB should, by default, link itself against the regx it was bundled with.

After all, we know that the bundled regex works with GDB.

enjoy,
Andrew