Re: very very slow symbol searches

More details.  The slowdown is caused by using the glibc regex.  Why
would that make it so much slower?  Don't know yet.  Anyway forcing GDB
to use the included regex in libiberty fixes the problem.

2003-01-02  Mark Kettenis  <kettenis@gnu.org>

        * configure.in: Rewrite check for GNU regex and the
        --without-included regex option, and move it into the "Checks
for
        library functions" section.  This makes us use the system regex
        again by default on systems with version 2 of the GNU C library.
        This was apparently broken.
        * gdb_regex.h [!USE_INCLUDED_REGEX] (_REGEX_RE_COMP): Define.
        * acconfig.h (USE_INCLUDED_REGEX): Remove.
        * config.in, configure: Regenerated.