Parallel Port Software, GDB remote protocol

Hi everybody,

i'd like to announce pppcb-0.4.0, a piece of software
that lets you (Linux only at the moment) do several
things on the parallel port, like:

It contains software / does things like:

- accesses serial EEPROMs
- debug an ARM microcontroller
- a server that understands GDB remote protocol (first version)
- do software JTAG via the parallel port
- read out Playstation Joysticks
- an AVR terminal (cyclically polling the SPI) (first version)
- simple test software that ouputs/reads the parallel port

Former versions didn't compile, this should be fixed now.

The software is available at:

http://www.s.netic.de/tmohr/pppcb-0.4.0.tar.bz2

This version of the GDB remote protocol server is ridiculously slow,
i'm still working on it.

Also, i still didn't find any good documentation of the GDB remote
protocol.  I can download a program and start it, but when i press
the "Stop" button in arm-unknown-elf-insight, i only get an empty
packet.

Can anybody tell me where to find better documentation for GDB remote
protocol?

What is going wrong with the "Stop" mechanism, why do i receive an empty
message?

Best regards,
Torsten.