Re: bug in gdb tty command on cygwin

[Reply-To set to gdb mailing list]
On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 09:44:05AM +0000, Steven O'Brien wrote:
>Hi
>I submitted a patch to fix a bug in cygwin gdb to the gdb-patches list -
>see:
>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-12/msg00761.html
>
>However, this did not attract any response. What is the next step in
>getting this patch into gdb?

Patience?

>With this patch I am able to build and run a fully functional anjuta IDE
>on cygwin-xfree86. Without it anjuta's debugger will not work on cygwin.
>I am sure that other X11 GUIs for gdb on cygwin would also benefit from
>this patch.
>
>The patch moves one line of code in just one file that is only used in
>the cygwin build; and code that is only invoked if the --tty option or
>tty command are invoked.

I saw your patch but since it invoked a "Huh?" response, it required some
study.  I don't see any correlation between your description of the problem
and your proposed patch.  I don't know why closing the tty later would cause
the kind of problem you were talking about, so it isn't an obvious "plop it
right in" kind of patch.

cgf